There is at least one person in every group who is all about preserving animals and fighting for their rights. All that is okay but there are various things which he/she get’s wrong about animal rights. Today is the day we separate the right and wrong ways to fight for animal rights…
First of all, what is animal rights?
Wikipedia says, “Animal rights is the idea in which some, or all, non-human animals are entitled to the possession of their own lives and that their most basic interests—such as the need to avoid suffering—should be given the same consideration as similar interests of human beings.”
Okay now, let’s move on to what problems animals suffer. But first, what is the definition of “problems”?
“Problem is a matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome”.
So it means that a problem is a kind of situation which is harmful to one’s life. Easy?
Now, what is harmful or threatening to an animals life?
- Being Killed
- Being injured
- Being chased
- Kept in cages
- Not given proper food
- Physically Unfit
- Getting a disease
- Not getting treatment
Just like humans, animals have their own ways of responding to these problems. Now let’s see how they react to problems.
How animals react to a given problem :
- Barking/screaming/screeching etc.
- Attacking etc
Do humans realize when an animal is in trouble? Yes.
See this picture :
What can you tell from this picture?
- The Deer is running
- Tiger is attacking
Why is tiger attacking?
- He is responding to the problem of hunger.
Why is the deer running?
- He is responding to being attacked by a stronger animal.
- He is trying to solve his problem of survival.
There are various other examples like barking of a dog, running of a squirrel, rat’s running when they see you, insects running when they see rats, etc
So, what can we say from all the discussion above?
- Animals have problems.
- They respond to these problems in their own ways.
- Most of the response is either attacking or running.
- This is because animals have a less developed brain.
- Humans can detect when an animal seems to have a problem.
So basically, we now know what problems animals face and how they respond to it. We can also detect their problems to a very good extent.
Then why don’t animals like elephants, tigers, monkeys, etc not respond by using an attack or run when they are made to work in a circus? The elephant is obviously much powerful than human but he get’s food so he doesn’t complain. But it still is wrong because we are using them for our entertainment. It would have been justified if it was the ONLY source of entertainment. But it is not. Similarly, there are various other animal rights movements which are for a correct cause.
- Protesting against aquariums (sea animals need sea not fucking fish tanks)
- Protesting against working animals on the field (nowadays we have the farming technology and it is the duty of the govt to update the people and their methods of working.)
- Protesting against shooting of animals (except when shooting is done as a necessity and not a luxury )
- Protesting against local zoo (Yes zoo does protect animals but it also keeps them in cages. How would you feel if you were kept in a cage? My fellow Democratic people, this is what you hate and animals must be hating it too)
- Protesting against animal leather products (you don’t even need animal leather because again, it is a luxury, not a necessity)
- Protests against animal by-products – Extracting by-products from animals is not harmful at all but the place where you’re keeping the animals for extracting it is important.The place should be clean, you should keep animals healthy and give them food too. Extracting from wild animals is a big no-no.
- Protests against animal slaughter – Look, we are not going and eating random animals. We are eating those which are good for our health and we are not eating snakes and shit. We are eating only a few animals. Btw, animals eat animals too. Cats eat their own babies sometimes.
- Protest against animal testing – Animal testing is needed for human survival and development. If humans don’t survive, animals can’t survive too. Domestic animals are surviving only because humans have made them domestic. Otherwise, all of them would have been dead because the wild animals would have killed them. Also, don’t forget the food chain.
How can animal protesters and non-protesters both stay happy?
- Stop zoos and make animal reserves. Animal reserves don’t put animals in a cage and let them live like they naturally live.
- Stop use of leather clothes and accessories.
- Stop circuses because we have a lot of other options for entertainment.
- Animal testing should not be stopped but should be done carefully causing less harm. If possible, use them for research on animal simulation technology. After 3-4 years, there would no longer be a need to use real animals. But still, they would be needed to an extent.
- Not diving people on the basis of what they eat (FYI, the caste system in India had food choices as one of the characteristics for the division of people. Don’t let caste system be reborn.)
- Learn the difference between necessity and luxury.
- Aquarium which is huge in size and is not like a cage is a good option. (works like an animal reserve)
Thus, animals do have rights but your protests should have logical reasons and, alternatives. Distinguishing between the right and the wrong cause is also important.
Thanks for reading and tell your opinions in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to like and share
Some articles you may like :