Teen life is hard for everyone. Bullying, teasing, isolation, rejection, achievements, discovering your talents, and entering the outside world is hectic and scary for some teens. This results in some becoming timid, shy and some becoming over-enthusiastic.
Teens sometimes get stuck in their life wondering how to get out of this cage and become a different person.
So, you trying to change your life?
let’s see how you can do this. I have kept it short and sweet and straight to the point so as to save your time.
STEPS TO CHANGE YOURSELF:
1. CHANGE THE WAY YOU WORK THINGS OUT
- Whatever bad situation you are in, just relax. Figure out where you are going wrong and take measures to solve them. Don’t worry about failure just start with a change and be consistent.
Quick example – John is constantly failing in math. He studies but still doesn’t get marks. Where is he going wrong? In study methods. he needs to talk to a teacher and ask her how exactly is he supposed to study and then, just keep following her methods! Simple.
2. NEVER GIVE UP :
- When you figure out where you are going wrong, and you are following the right methods now, you just need a push because you need to get used to this new change. You might feel to stop doing it but it’s for your own good future you dumb ass!
Quick example – John now knows the right methods now. The methods are boring but he knows the methods are right because his teacher recommends it. So, he will now turn off all the distractions when he is studying and do his best to keep this habit consistent.
3. REWARD YOURSELF:
- Yah that’s what you wanted! complete your homework for the day and you can surf the internet for the next 1 hr.
- You need to make this a habit but once you get used to this habit, you will not reward yourself anymore ( i mean wtf do you reward yourself for brushing your teeth now? no. cause that’s your habit )
- After the habit is established, aim for higher goals and THEN start rewarding again.
Basically, just reward for a NEW good thing you did. got it?
Quick example – John rewards himself for doing easy sums correctly. Now he aims for hard sums. So, he will stop rewarding easy sums and will reward himself after finishing hard sums now.
4. DONT PUNISH YOURSELF TOO MUCH :
- Punishing is good but not all the time.
- How would you feel if your parents hit you all the time? similarly, you are the parent of your mind. punish it when it does wrong but not always.
- Tell him where he went wrong and tell him to avoid making that mistake again
- You will not always succeed bruh. Failure happens. But that does not mean you stop going in the right direction and keep punishing yourself.
Keep calm and try again learning from mistakes.
Quick example – John improved but still he needs more marks. Now he will not stop. He will look back where he went wrong, punish himself at times (not physically) then will say to himself ” I’ll try again. I will not repeat my mistakes and will try hard again”
5. BE POSITIVE AND AFFIRMATIVE :
- You know you are doing right, so remove the negativity.
- Change “I cannot do this” to “I can do this if I try”
- Don’t take failures negatively.
- Think “I failed because my mind wants me to work harder” instead of “I failed because I’m a loser”
- Ask parents, teachers, and friends for your help. Trust me, they will seriously help dude. Mom will make tea for you even at night if she sees you working really hard. Dad will take you out for dinner if he sees you working hard. The teacher will help you correct mistakes and friends will help you cheer up.
Quick example – John constantly keeps on getting negative thoughts since he had got fewer marks last time. but he will say to himself “at least I didn’t fail this time. I got good marks compared to last time. just need more and more work now” he will talk to his family, teachers, and friends and they will make him feel better.
LOOK, taj mahal wasn’t built-in one day. it took more than 10 years to build what it is today. Now thousands of people come to that place.
so, what do we learn?
- SUCCESS REQUIRES HARD WORK.
- SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE
- POSITIVISM MATTERS
- SUPPORT OF TRUSTED PEOPLE MATTERS
Hoping that John will top the class, let’s conclude this session.