Sometimes we have no Idea what to write about. Even after roaming a thousand gardens and sitting in the toilet for a subject, we cant come up with one. Blogging sure works on “write when it comes to your mind” but sometimes you need to be a little disciplined and need to post consistently for moving forward. And what if you don’t have a subject for like..months? You cant sit there with hands folded and do nothing about it.
That’s when you need this post.
So here are simple methods to choose a subject for your blog…
- Surprised? How can quora give me a subject? Well, Quora has some questions which are unanswered.
- The unanswered or less answered questions can be answered BY YOU through your BLOG.
- You can write about it on your blog!
- You can also link your quora answer to your blog. Views confirmed!
- However, keep in mind that quora have some idiots answering idiotic questions too. So you need to fetch the fish very hard and find something “good” to write about.
2. WikiHow :
- Just like Quora, wikihow has some questions which are not answered yet.
- You can use that question as a subject for your blog.
- Wikihow –> “HELP US” section of the menu on the far right –> “ANSWER A REQUEST” from drop-down list —> Choose the topic you know about, fetch the right question and you have a topic for your next blog post!
WikiHow link: https://www.wikihow.com/Main-Page
3. WordPress :
- WordPress is a huge blogging website.
- It also has a lot of blogging communities.
- Each day, various huge pages allow sharing of topics, choosing topics, discussing topics etc.
- Join one of them to get a topic.
- OR, you can also view the DAILY POST, which is a WordPress blog dedicated to enhancing blogging experience and welcoming and engaging new bloggers to write good stuff. It daily posts a “one-word prompt” in which it gives you a word and you have to write an article based on that word. You can use this for getting an idea about your next article.
So, create a WordPress website now and strike out the worry related to “what to write about”
Note – Read the fourth point below, for the “word technique” and you can use the same for this WordPress one-word prompt method.
4. Random words :
- Go to google, type “Random word generator ” or simply click this link.
- You will come across many random words.
- You can make an article based on these random words.
Word technique example :
- Pick a word you know about.
- Think about “what, where, why, how”
- Join it with the word and some general context.
- Boom! You have a topic.
Eg- Word – “neat”
- HOW to keep your room neat and tidy.
- WHY are our mothers obsessed with neatness.
- WHAT exactly does “neatness of body and soul” mean.
5. Questions from a kid :
- This may seem “childish” (I know I’m good at puns!) but its the best option when the internet is down.
- Go to your nearest child and ask him what he wants to know about.
- Some cliche questions are already answered in various blogs like “Why are stars so far”, “Why does the moon follow me?” etc.
- But I’m sure there must be some smart kid out there who would ask a genuine question.
- If you hate talking to kids, ask your mom what questions YOU asked as a child or ask the mother of whichever kid you know, about what he must have asked.
6. “Crook” It.
- Let’s say I know about gardening.
- But I have already written a lot about gardening.
- But now I have nothing left to write about.
- For such situations, the crook method comes.
CROOK method :
- Take an already done topic (by you or others)
- CROOK IT into such a topic that you could write on it as well as it would seem new.
- “10 gardening tools you need to have” is one topic you already have written on.
- The crook method tells that the top tool name you had mentioned, can be picked and crooked into “Full unbiased review of the ____ (mention company name) __ (tool name)”
- You can also interlink both of them.
- You can improvise it by saying “I had mentioned in my earlier post that this tool is a MUST NEED. But there are various companies which sell this tool and thus, today I am reviewing ___ (tool name) of ____ (company). It’s an unbiased and unsponsored review…”
Basically, recycling one of the last posts into a new one is the idea.
- We don’t encourage any plagiarism or any copying or whatever.
- We are only telling people “how to SMARTLY use the available resources for getting a blog post idea.”
- Read disclaimer of shelazy.com for more information.
We Hope you liked this post.
Good luck with your blogging.
More stuff for you :