For a person whose first language is not English, grammar mistakes are common.
But today, thanks to technology advancement, we have the hacks to improve grammar without wasting our time in buying novels and grammar books to improve grammar.
1.Watch English movies :
- English movies don’t have any use of big words.
- They communicate with simple sentences.
- Watching movies will help you know a lot about pronunciations.
Tip : –
- English movies have accent difference
- Different accents have different pronunciations.
- Thus, I recommend watching British movies for the correct pronunciation since it’s the place where English originated.
- It depends on you what accent you like so you can also watch American movies.
Pen and Paper method :
- Take a book, pen/pencil.
- Write down all hard words or words which you don’t know the meaning of
- Then find the meanings of those words and revise them daily.
- Use them in your daily conversations.
- The next day, watch another movie and keep on doing the same method.
- Keep recognizing the words which you have written earlier when the next movie plays.
- Remember that your goal is to learn English. So concentrate on English and not the movie.
- Slowly and steadily, you will be able to communicate.
2. Install grammar apps :
- If you know English but lack some skills in proper sentence formation, spellings etc, and you have to WRITE some stuff in English, mostly on a computer or mobile, you can download some apps which help you do so.
- Grammarly is a good app. It highlights mistakes and recommends corrections. It’s free too!
App link for pc:- https://app.grammarly.com/
Apps for mobile:-
- ginger keyboard
- Ebooks are handy and affordable.
- You can locate words, screenshot the screen, use audio to hear the book, use zoom features and you can copy-paste something you like.
- It makes it better and easier to use than a normal book.
- You can also read summaries instead of the entire book which will save your time.
- Top novels, easy to read grammar books etc are all available as ebooks.
links to ebooks:-
You can also buy the amazon kindle tablet which is specially made for reading ebooks.
4. English songs.
- If you wanna test your English skills, I recommend listening to English songs.
- Listening to a 3-minute song is also better than watching a 2 hr long movie.
- Start YouTube.
- Type a song.
- suffix it with “lyrics”
- Open the lyrical video.
- Follow the pen and paper method from point no 1.
- Again the accent problem will still prevail.
- You have to choose only one accent to follow for learning English.
- If you keep mixing accents, it will be difficult for you to learn English.
- So, stick to one accent only and listen to songs of that accent.
5. Kid story books:-
- Story booksare not very complicated to understand.
- They have simple sentences.
- They can help develop basic English if not fluent English.
Again follow the pen and paper method for this trick too.
You can also buy story books from Amazon if you don’t have them at home.
- To use the above methods, you need to have at least some basic knowledge of alphabets and word formations.
- We don’t claim all of them to be 100% correct. But they are a worth try.
- To master English, you need to SPEAK English too. Try speaking it more often than before.
Quick Summary :
Have more methods?
Let us know in the comment section below..
Share it with your friends and family too.
You might wanna check out these too :