The world is chaotic. Every second, there are problems. But we ourselves have the solution to these problems. These are small solutions to big problems. Sometimes, they are small precautions to avoid big diseases! If we start to value these things, our life will become beautiful.
Below are simple things which can make you happy instantly.
- Smiling :
- Smiling is a signaling system that evolved from a need to communicate information of many different forms.
- You never know who had one of the worst days of their lives, Your smile even to a stranger may bring some hope. So Give one and maybe you get one
- Psychology says that smiling enhances your mood and brings positivity. Smile daily and you will be happy. 🙂
2. Phone call :
- For at least one day, stop texting and start calling!
- Call your mom, not for asking about groceries, but for asking her how her day was.
- Call your dad and ask him how his day was.
- Call your siblings and ask them how they are doing in life.
- Most important – CALL THAT OLD FRIEND. Just call. Don’t think twice. Call him/her and say that you miss him/her. They will say the same. Then you go on with the old memories of your school, college and you will never know when they will quickly ask you to meet! A single phone call may make your plan for the day.
Text can never portray emotions. The sound of your loved one will.
3. Hugging :
Ik in the west, it is normal to hug. But in Asia, it is not that common. Hugging, kissing, makes other people awkward around you if you are in Asia. Of course not in every Asian country, but in MOST Asian countries, PDA is not common. No worries! Home is always there.
- Hug your mom and dad without telling them. Without saying anything. They will be surprised, but then emotional.
- Most of us don’t know how much our parents sacrifice for us. They don’t even tell us their problems. A small hug could bring a change.
- A tiny little kiss on the cheek is also so effective.
- It may seem awkward to you at first, but then if you know the outcome is positive, why hesitate? And hugging your life partner is always so beautiful!
- You can also hug your pet!
Psychological reason to hug:
- Hugging has been proven to have health benefits.
- One study has shown that hugs increase levels of oxytocin and reduce blood pressure.
- Based on significant research indicating that a 20-second-or-longer hug releases oxytocin, Leo Buscaglia encourages people to hug for 21 days consecutively and to have each day a hug that lasts for a minimum of 21 seconds.
- He recommends “getting lost in the hug”, encouraging people to slow down and “use the power of the hug to be fully present at the moment”.
4. Listening to music :
Everybody knows that music is a healer. It has always been used to portray emotions. It is useful in many ways. It can instantly boost your mood!
How Music is used in Psychology for healing purposes :
- Music therapy is an interpersonal process in which a trained therapist uses music and all of its facets—physical, emotional, mental, social, aesthetic, and spiritual—to help clients to improve or maintain their health.
- In some instances, the client’s needs are addressed directly through music; in others, they are addressed through the relationships that develop between the client and therapist.
- Music therapy is used with individuals of all ages and with a variety of conditions, including psychiatric disorders, medical problems, physical disabilities, sensory impairments, developmental disabilities, substance abuse issues, communication disorders, interpersonal problems, and aging.
- It is also used to improve learning, build self-esteem, reduce stress, support physical exercise, and facilitate a host of other health-related activities.
- Music therapists may encourage clients to sing, play instruments, create songs, or do other musical activities.
So, What are you waiting for? Go and plug in your earphones and listen to music. If it can heal mentally affected people, then why not you?
- You don’t even need an explanation for this!
- There are many children who don’t even EVEN ONE meal a day. You are lucky to have food around you.
- Don’t ever remove your anger on food. If your sad, or unhappy, don’t skip lunch or dinner. Okay, eat less for that day but don’t go hungry to bed.
- Cooking food with your own hands is an amazing experience. Once in a while, cook food yourself. If you always cook food yourself, take a break and go out to eat.
- And yes, its okay to cheat for one day. You are doing this for nobody else but yourself. Just don’t overeat 😛
6. Naps :
- Too stressed about tomorrow’s speech? nervous? Have prepared everything but still, there is a fear? Do one thing – TAKE A NAP.
- Napping is when you sleep for only a few hours. It refreshes you after you wake up.
- Studies have shown that if you break up your day with a nap, you will be as alert and energetic for the second part of your day as you were for the first.
- So if you’ve got an event planned for after work, take a nap before going out on the town.(source)
Note: We are not claiming these to be 100% true. But these things many times, do make us feel good instantly. Ps. this list is for healthily minded individuals for dealing with daily stressors. It might NOT be effective if you have depression, anxiety etc. Seek doctors help if you have a long-term stressor disturbing your life.
Top blogs this week :
- 6 less chaotic places in India where you can just RELAX.
- Equality is powerful…
- Easy methods to improve grammar without reading books :
- We live in a false world!
Like and share this blog if you agree with us!
Also, comment down below your personal favorite one from the list.