“If a black cat crosses your way, its bad luck”
As stupid as the myth is, so are the followers. They will actually turn to a different direction so as to avoid the cat. WHAT ON EARTH!
Apart from creation of organized religion, sexism, racism,homophobia and corruption, humanity has also amazed us with the creation of superstitions.
We dont know how this superstition started but the only way to end it is to make people understand that black cats are just normal cats and are as beautiful as other cats.
So here is a black cat appreciation post for you…
It contains some information about black cats, some beautiful pictures, and much more. So lets go!
A black cat is a domestic cat with black fur that may be a mixed or specific breed. The Cat Fanciers’ Association (CFA) recognizes 22 cat breeds that can come with solid black coats. The Bombay breed is exclusively black. All-black fur pigmentation is slightly more prevalent in male cats than female cats. The rays of the sun causes most black cats to have yellow (golden) eyes (irises).
Cultures who do not view black cats as wicked or evil :
- The folklore surrounding black cats varies from culture to culture.
- The Scots believe that a strange black cat’s arrival to the home signifies prosperity.
- In Celtic mythology, a fairy known as the Cat Sìth takes the form of a black cat.
- Black cats are also considered good luck in the rest of Britain and Japan.
- Furthermore, it is believed that a lady who owns a black cat will have many suitors
Did you know? October 27th is regarded as Black cat day !
They are just cats! Dont believe? Watch this.
And now, a free black cat photography gallery for you 🙂
Pic credits are in the picture description. Credit for featured image
Helpful links if you wanna enter the black cat fam and learn more about them :
Time for the gifs!
So adorable and cute! Do you still not like them?
Wanna read more?
- Love yourself vs Change yourself?
- Equality is powerful…
- How to understand women.
- How to EASILY get topics for your blog …
- Easy methods to improve grammar without reading books :